Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: In Sweden

  1. #1
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar

    Post

    Hello Jerome. This was interesting news!

    I can help you to answer a few of your questions:

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:

    Do I still can order kodak from www?
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If you mean ordering from Kodak US while your are in sweden I do not think you can. At least it was not possible via Kodaks old WEB site. However, now their US ordering number pops up always so it might be possible but I believe the transport costs to Sweden will not make it worthwhile. It is no problem to buy Kodak films in Sweden either from Kodak Sweden directly or from some photo shops (availabilty depends somewhat on where in Sweden you are going to stay) but prices may vary a lot so you have to investigate it. This may be answered better form the Swedish posters.

    You may send questions to Kodak Sweden directly too to investigate the details . [email protected]
    Web:http://wwwse.kodak.com/

    Anyway, film availability is not problem.


    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    Where would I send for develop in europe?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Either send it to Kodak Sweden or possibly drop it off at any Kodak photo dealer which both will forward your film to:

    Kodak in Switzerland (only for European and outside of North America):
    Kodak Photo Service SA
    1 Avenue de Longemalle
    CH-1020 Rennes
    Lausanne,
    SWITZERLAND
    Telephone: (41) 21 631 0111
    Laboratory Director: Monsieur Jean-Glaude Gloor

    And it wil be returned to the address apply by mail.


    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    Will my USA filmcamera run on europe's projector? Do I need to bring my projector? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    S8 film format is universal and will run on any S8 projecor world wide.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:
    Telecine on pal of dvd format and transfer into my G4 Apple and edit on PAL DVD burner. How can it be working? Any feed back on my USA's equipment? I got convert plug which is no problem.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not completely sure here but any digital film format that can be imported to your MAC can be edited from there and make DVDs in either NTSC or PAL format (at least on my MAC so I believe it is the same on yours).
    If you have FireWire ports on your MAC file import should be no problem.

    Professional Telecine services are available in both Sweden and Germany but costs may be higher than in USA.

    Voltage system in Sweden is 230 volts / 50 Hz. I believe your MAC is universal but double check.

    If your MAC is labeled like this:

    Voltage: 100 to 240v AC / 50-60 Hz you may just plug it in but be cautious here. You may also check your manual.

    R

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was in Sweden for 3 weeks. Swedish want me go back to Sweden and stay for one year to make some more movies. I need your help feed back on my super 8mm camera. Do I still can order kodak from www? Where would I send for develop in europe? Will my USA filmcamera run on europe's projector? Do I need to bring my projector? Telecine on pal of dvd format and transfer into my G4 Apple and edit on PAL DVD burner. How can it be working? Any feed back on my USA's equipment? I got convert plug which is no problem. Thanks! Jerome, deaf filmmaker

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Many thanks! I may be in sweden this september,... My mac is an universal guess I do not need to switch the volt thing because it does not get any small red thing to switch.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It might be a good way to buy a lot of kodachrome 40 here and bring it over...

    Good idea?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •